Monday, February 15, 2010

Zonked

Zonked mean extremely tired, which I am right now.  We got up very early this morning to go surfing again! I love surfing.  When you fall surfing there is no chance of falling on ice like there is when snowboarding.  Although last I checked there are no sharks in the mountains.  The water was really rough and it was hard to catch a wave today but I had fun all the same.  It was beautiful out this afternoon and I got a chance to get some color =] I feel like I am on Vacation! I am not looking forward to the "study" part of study abroad.

We have had orientation the last few days (that is who I went surfing with, my orientation group).  Our first day we we walked around the city and went to the tallest building which had amazing views.  I took a lot of pictures.  We also saw a famous train station which I forget the name of but I will find out.  It is beautiful here.  The next day we went back downtown because there were a few stores that had a lot of deals on clothing.  I bought a new dress, a belt, a shirt, and leggings for $36!  It was awesome.  After that we went to the Melbourne Zoo.  It was only OK.  We didn't get to see the koala =[ he was hiding but I saw a lot of birds and took pictures of them for mom!  I was a platypus too but I did not get to take a picture because ti was too dark but they are kind of ugly.

We had a fancy dinner that night and all got dressed up.  There is another fancy dinner tomorrow night! I love getting dressed up.  Before dinner however, we are going on a cruise along the Yarra River.  After that we are going to some cool outlets with inexpensive clothes to do some more shopping.  I will be sure to take more pictures.

So some more fun words:

Tea = Dinner
Milk Bar = Kind of like a convenience store
Lollies = Candy (not just lollipops)

1 comment:

  1. stie!!! sounds like you are having fun! and i miss you lots!
    love you!
    p.s. im loving the words you are teaching us. however, why do they call dinner tea? i feel like that just doesnt make sense.

    ReplyDelete