Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Officially Down Under.

I boarded the plane at JFK at about 6:45 PM on Sunday February 7th and about 25 hours, 4 movies, 10 episodes of 30 rock, and a hand-full of word searches later it was 9:20 AM February 9th and I had arrived in Melbourne Australia.Yes I traveled through time. I am thoroughly exhausted but I managed to unpack most of my things and shower before our first IES meeting at 4 PM.  So far I love this place. The city is so cute and I see myself fitting in here.  It is not too big but not small.  There are trolleys! A few people have compared the area to southern California.  I wouldn't know I was in Cali for the first time last night and that didn't last too long seeing as I was in LAX for about 30 minutes total (Btw I did not "hop off the plane at LAX with a dream and my cardigan", because I didn't have a cardigan...damn it.).  I have met a few cool people so far and a few of us plan on buying a cheap bike to travel around with! I love it.  Pictures will come as soon as my camera is charged. I miss everyone already but I am definitely excited for all that is in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment